Sunday, December 21, 2008

December 12, 2008 - A Blustery Friday

The view at Cape Foulweather.


The cute little visitor's center perched on the edge of a cliff.
*************************************************
I had court over in Lincoln County this morning. It was a storm watcher's dream because it was so rainy and blustery. I decided to take 10 minutes and stop at Cape Foulweather in order to feel the power of mother nature. Ever since Barb's passing I have been trying to take the time to see the beauty that surrounds me. It was awesome! The wind was gusting to 70 miles per hour and I felt like I was going to blow over the cliff. If you've never been I highly recommend it.

2 comments:

kg said...

It's funny I used to not enjoy the Oregon coast, for that very reason (cold, windy, etc..) but I miss it! I too marvel at Mother Nature and enjoy how you can feel peace among the storm. Thanks for sharing.

Mama Nirvana said...

When I'm dressed right -- I LOVE a strong wind. Something about nature being overpowering is kind of exciting.

Amy